An event dedicated to female students to raise the awareness on technical and scientific careers
April 7 - 15:00
at Fondazione Filarete, Viale Ortles 22/4
Fondazione Filarete, following the MIUR iniziative "Noi Siamo Pari" noisiamopari.it, promotes an event to introduce the opportunities offered by technical and scientific careers for female students and to overcome the existing stereotypes on the relationship between women and the STEM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics).
The event is organized in collaboration with:
• The University of Milan, with GENDERS Center - Gender and Equality in Research & Science, the first university research center in Italy on the issues of the gender perspective in research and science, and gender equality in scientific careers . Since 2006 it is active a new section on Women and Science that operates at a international level.
• Microsoft, one of the largest technology companies, engaged from years in promoting the talent of young women. Thanks to the project Future ReCoded and Pink Cloud initiative, Microsoft offers technical and scientific training and an overview on the career opportunities offered in the digital environment.
Young Women and Girls in Tech Network are partners in the initiative.
Welcome by the President of Filarete Foundation, prof. Claudio Gandolfi.
15.00 - Paola Andreozzi, Director CSR Microsoft Italy: The career potential for women in technology companies.
15.30 - Daniela Falcinelli and Camilla Gaiaschi, GENDERS Research Center of the University of Milan: The paths, expectations and obstacles for women involved in research.
Round table with the testimonials:
• Prof. Chiara Tonelli, Vice-Chancellor for Research and Professor of Genetics at the University of Milan, president of the Scientific Committee of the Fondazione Umberto Veronesi, a member of the Scientific Committee dell'Armenise Harvard Foundation.
• Prof. Maria Pia Abbracchio, President of the Observatory of research of the University of Milan, named by Thomson Reuters "Highly cited scientist"; from 2014 is Commander of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic for scientific merit.
• Silvana Chilelli, Head of Alternative Investments and Special Projects in Intesa Sanpaolo, Insurance Division, and counselor Valore D.
• Federica Villa, Head of the Presidency and Institutional Relations of the Chamber of Commerce and Director of the Museum Bagatti Valsecchi Foundation. Since 2001 he has been Chairman of the Committee to promote women's entrepreneurship in Milan.
• Elisa Di Lorenzo, Degree in Computer Science, she founded in 2008 Foofa Studios and in 2013 Untold Games Ltd with the actor and director Flavio Parenti.
Links of European project on women and science, in collaborazion with GENDERS – Gender and Equality in Research & Science:
Universidonna - http://www.gender.unimi.it/projects.php?projectID=1
WHIST - Women's careers hitting the target: gender management in scientific and technological research - http://www.retepariopportunita.it/defaultdesktop.aspx?page=3134
PRA.G.E.S. - PRActising Gender Equality in Science - http://www.retepariopportunita.it/DefaultDesktop.aspx?page=2720
STAGES - Structural Transformation to Achieve Gender Equality in Science - http://www.stages.unimi.it/